In order to make a perfect meringue you need to follow the simple steps below. These meringues are simply the best meringues I have ever tried, they are crispy on the outside but soft, gooey and sticky on the inside just how it should be.
Please note that the mixing settings are for a KitchenAid mixer, please adjust according to your mixer.
3 egg whites
140g caster sugar
1/2 tsp vinegar
1 tbsp corn flour
- Place the egg whites in a large mixing bowl and put mixer on speed 10 (high speed) until egg white turn white, fluffy and stiff.
- Continue mixing while adding the sugar gradually until the sugar has completely dissolved into the mixture.
- Add the corn flour and the vinegar to the mixture, continue mixing until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour the mixture out onto a greaseproof lined baking sheet leaving a well in the middle.
- Place in the oven for 1 hour at 150oC / gas mark 2.
- After the mixture has been in the oven for 1 hour, turn the oven off and leave in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Take the mixture out of the oven and leave to cool fully before decorating with cream and fruit.